LOOK AT THIS IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
Learning about other LNCT countries’ experiences implementing virtual trainings for health workers during COVID-19.
HOW YOU CAN USE THIS MATERIAL:
If you’re considering conducting virtual trainings for health workers in you country, review this webinar to find out about the challenges, considerations, lessons learned, and main outcomes from other countries’ experiences.
On Wednesday, January 27th, LNCT held a webinar on Training Health Workers Virtually During COVID-19 – Lessons from Angola and India. Participants heard about several recent virtual training experiences targeting health care workers, ranging from an in-depth technical training around health statistics and economics in Angola, to a cascaded new vaccine introduction training delivered through a combination of virtual and in-person platforms in India, to simple refresher immunization trainings using a mobile platform in India. As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19, it’s important to explore new modalities of training, including virtual formats. Find out about the challenges, considerations, lessons learned, and main outcomes of the virtual trainings by exploring the materials and recording from the webinar.
- Dr. Cristiana Toscano, LNCT Technical Facilitator and Professor, Federal University of Goiás (UFG), Brazil
- Dr. Michelle Quarti, Human Resource Capacity Building in Angola Project, Federal University of Goias
- Dr. Veena Dhawan, Joint Commissioner (Immunization), MoHFW, India
- Dr. Partha Ganguly, Project Director, JSI India
- Dr. Danish Ahmed, National Professional Officer – Immunization, WH
Related Training Resources:
Best Practices Brief: Performance Management
Best Practices Brief: Training Needs Assessment
Best Practices Brief: On-the-job Training
Best Practices Brief: Cascade Training
Best Practices Brief: Motivating Learners
Best Practices Brief: Training Design
Best Practices Brief: Instructional Activities